Seven years ago, when I was part of the founding team for Fitness First Middle East I met a bright young woman who joined the company as part of the Personal Training Team in the first Fitness First to open in Dubai.
This bright, young woman is Angelica Horvatic.
Angelica has a vision, she is taking strides to change the way residents of Dubai look at their overall wellbeing. Her nemeses are quick fixes, faddy diets and fashionable mantras.
Over the last few months I’ve helped her by putting her through some grueling tasks to really find her voice, clarity and a clear direction to take her business to the next level.
Until now she was hiding between two entities: “Dubai Personal Fitness Trainer” and “Be Excellent”.
She led, what appeared to be a dual life.
One as a personal trainer who coached her clients to phenomenal heights.
A second as a life-coach who felt that she had to keep her life as a personal trainer low-key.
We worked together to really get to the essence of WHAT she does, WHO she helps and WHY.
No more business-names, her new site reflects her passion for what she does. Angelica practices what she preaches, and has a fabulous list of clients who are addicted to the new age of wellness she introduced them to. (And it’s important to note that FUN is key to Angelica’s style and energy!)
Today, Angelica is announcing to the world that she is AngelicaHorvatic.com and sharing her wellness knowledge and wisdom.
Angelica has lived and breathed wellness for over a decade. She trained and worked in London and Dubai as a personal trainer.
In Dubai, as I mentioned, she was part of the Personal Training team in the first Fitness First in the Middle East . A few short years later she stepped out by herself to embrace a whole new world of entrepreneurship and living life on her terms.
Struggling with the confines of being called a Personal Trainer, when her work involved so much more, she created a coaching website to highlight the other techniques she brought to her clients such as traditional coaching methods, hypnotherapy, therapy and of course fitness.
But there was a gap.
Marketing Challenges for Wellness Coaches
- Being pigeon-holed as either a life-coach OR a personal trainer
- Lack of understanding as to what “Wellness” and “Wellbeing” really means
- Pre-conceived ideas that it’s all fluff (sadly, like all industries, there are always the fluffy ones!)
- Educating their target market to realise that there’s really no quick fix
I decided to ask Angelica 3 questions about our journey together.
Check out this Q & A:
1. Over the last few months we did a lot of different things. What was the most important thing you learnt in this time?
“I learned that it is extremely important to hire an expert for the things you don’t know anything about.,
I also learned that it is all about finding your values and your passions, who you truly are and what is your driver in life first and then in business.
2. What were your biggest challenges when we first stated working together that we’ve now overcome?
3. What does the future look like for AngelicaHoravtic.com?
The behind the scenes results
You are probably wondering what else we’ve been doing during the construction of the new site.
- Creating a whole online presence that reflects WHO Angelica is and WHO she helps
- Unique packages to get real results
- Developing offline strategies to gain more press attention
Please go to Angelicahorvatic,com and check out angelica’s new site and show her some love.
Date published: 25th March 2013